Subaru Rally Team USA
- Date of Birth: November 14, 1972
- Home: Trefeglwys, Wales
- Website: http://www.davidhiggins75.com/
- 2015: 3 starts, best finish 11th, ineligible for points (Supercars)
- 2014: 1 start, best finish 8th, ineligible for points (Supercars)
- 2012: 1 start, best finish 7th, 10 points, 19th overall (Supercars)
- 2011: 4 starts, 2 podiums, 2 heat wins, 57 points, 7th overall (Supercars)
- CAREER: 9 starts, 2 podiums, 2 heat wins, 67 points (Supercars)
After spending the entirety of 2013 as a spotter for the Subaru Rallycross Team and focusing on his stage rally commitments, David Higgins is keen to return to Red Bull Global Rallycross as a driver in 2014. Once again, he’ll compete in the Subaru WRX STI, a vehicle that he has taken to three consecutive stage rally titles in the past three years, in a limited schedule.
One of many stage rally stars brought by Subaru into the world of rallycross, the Isle of Man-born Higgins boasts one of the series’ strongest resumes. He’s rallied everywhere from America to Russia to China, taking dozens of victories and many championships along the way. That experience played a large part in the team’s decision to use him as a spotter, where he has coached both Dave Mirra and Bucky Lasek in GRC events.
Higgins’ GRC history is comprised of four starts in 2011 and a one-off appearance at X Games in 2012. Twice in his first three starts in 2011, Higgins earned a podium finish, including a bronze medal at X Games. As a last minute entry to the 2012 event, replacing the withdrawn Marcus Gronholm and Toomas Heikkinen, he earned a seventh place finish in his most recent experience.