Red Bull GRC Indianapolis: Fantasy Challenge Results
Last weekend’s Red Bull Global Rallycross Indianapolis returned the series to a singleheader format for the first time in over a month, with drivers only competing in one final at Lucas Oil Raceway. It may have been a slightly more relaxing weekend, but it didn’t make it any easier for the field to catch Scott Speed, who posted a perfect weekend for Volkswagen Andretti Rallycross to climb to second in points.
Indianapolis saw a number of intriguing storylines, including Speed’s continued recovery from a missed final in Ottawa, Mitchell deJong’s unfortunate luck that kept him from starting the final, and season-best performances from fellow rookies Cabot Bigham in the heats and Oliver Eriksson in the final. In the end, here’s how the points shook out for the weekend:
- Tier 1: Tanner Foust 70, Steve Arpin 64
- Tier 2: Scott Speed 81, Sebastian Eriksson 53, Mitchell deJong 13
- Tier 3: Oliver Eriksson 59, Patrik Sandell 53, Austin Dyne 52, Chris Atkinson 51, Cabot Bigham 51
With a maximum of 210 points for the weekend between Tanner Foust, Speed, and Eriksson, an impressive 14 players managed to hit the Supercar high score. That meant it came down to the GRC Lites class once again, with Christian Brooks’ 72-point victory the deciding factor. With the tiebreaker, Cathy Rozema of Yucaipa, CA became the overall winner for the weekend. Congratulations, Cathy—we’ll be in touch with you about your prize pack!
Next month, we’re back to doubleheader action in Atlantic City as Bader Field becomes the first returning location from 2016. Figure out your strategy now and click here to play!
- Tier 1: Steve Arpin, Tanner Foust, Scott Speed
- Tier 2: Mitchell deJong, Sebastian Eriksson
- Tier 3: Chris Atkinson, Cabot Bigham, Austin Dyne, Oliver Eriksson, Patrik Sandell, all other entries
Click here to play the Red Bull GRC Atlantic City Fantasy Challenge!
Photo credit: Louis Yio