Subaru Rally Team USA Debuts New Livery for Red Bull GRC Driver Chris Atkinson at Chicago Auto Show
Following on the heels of the recently debuted Subaru Rally Team USA (SRTUSA) stage rally cars for factory drivers David Higgins and Travis Pastrana, Subaru revealed Chris Atkinson’s #55 WRX STI rallycross Supercar for the 2017 Red Bull Global Rallycross Championship at the Chicago Auto Show. Atkinson, a former factory Subaru WRC driver, joins SRTUSA with GRC veteran Patrik Sandell this season for the 12 round championship.
Co-developed by Vermont SportsCar and Subaru Tecnica International to compete in the Red Bull Global Rallycross Championship the WRX STI GRC Supercar features a turbocharged 2.0L Subaru BOXER engine producing nearly 600HP. This GRC Supercar is incredibly versatile; it can accelerate from 0-60 miles per hour in 2 seconds but is also built to withstand 70-foot jumps and mixed surface (gravel/tarmac) tracks, all the while being built strong enough to endure contact with other race vehicles.
See the Subaru Red Bull GRC team in action in these cities:
· Round 1: Memphis, TN (April 28-29)
· Round 2: Louisville, KY (May 20-21)
· Rounds 3-4: Thompson, CT (June 3-4)*double header
· Rounds 5-6: Canada (June 17-18)*double header
· Round 7: Indianapolis, IN (July 8-9)
· Rounds 8-9: Atlantic City, NJ (August 12-13)*double header
· Rounds 10-11: Seattle, WA (September 8-10)*double header
· Round 12: Los Angeles, CA (October 13-14)
Full coverage of Subaru Rally Team USA is available on the Subaru Motorsports App. To download from the iTunes App store, click here, for Android App on Google Play store, click here. Follow the team on Instagram @srtusa, on Twitter @srtusa, and on facebook.